Flight Training Lesson 2
1.0 Hours Dual; Pre/Post Flight Discussion 0.5 Hours
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised July 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFI : One Item
In this lesson, the student will gain proficiency performing
advanced flight maneuvers from the left seat.
Left Seat Practice: Advanced Flight Maneuvers
- Rapid deceleration
- Maximum performance takeoff
- Steep approach to a hover
- Shallow approach and running landing
- Slope operations
- air taxi to Romeo taxiway
- curve into the wind and terminate air taxi with a rapid deceleration
- Rotorcraft Flying Handbook -- Chapter 10
At the completion of this lesson, the student shall exhibit
knowledge of the elements related to the maneuvers in this lesson and
perform them within commercial standards.
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Flight Training Record, Lesson 2
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Date of Lesson:
- Aircraft Type/Registration:
- Route of Flight:
- Number of Landings:
- Hours Dual/Solo:
- Hours Cross-Country:
- Hours Night:
- Hours Simulated Instrument: