Flight Training Lesson 7
1.0 Hours Dual; Pre/Post Flight Discussion 0.5 Hours
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised July 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFI : One Item
The student will assume the role of a flight instructor and
continue to practice the in-flight demonstration/performance method
while simultaneously explaining maneuvers.
- Demonstration/performance method (review from ground syllabus)
- Techniques of flight instruction (review from ground syllabus)
- Advanced flight maneuvers as they relate to instruction (review from ground syllabus)
Demonstration/Performance Method: Advanced Flight Maneuvers
- Rapid Deceleration
- Maximum Performance Takeoff
- Steep Approach to a Hover
- Shallow Approach and Running Landing
- Slope Operations
At the completion of this lesson, the student shall understand the
techniques associated with the demonstration/performance method when
performing advanced flight maneuvers. The maneuvers must be performed
within commercial standards.
- Rotorcraft Flying Handbook -- Chapter 10 (review)
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Flight Training Record, Lesson 7
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Date of Lesson:
- Aircraft Type/Registration:
- Route of Flight:
- Number of Landings:
- Hours Dual/Solo:
- Hours Cross-Country:
- Hours Night:
- Hours Simulated Instrument: