Ground Training Lesson 2
2.0 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised July 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFI : One Item
This lesson will introduce the topics of human behavior and
effective communication. The student will understand the importance of
this lesson and how it relates to flight instruction.
- Control of Human Behavior
- Human Needs
The Flight Instructor as a Practical Psychologist
- Denial of Reality
- Reaction Formation
- Normal Reaction to Stress
- Abnormal Reaction to Stress
- Flight Instructor Action Regarding Seriously Abnormal Students
Barriers to Effective Communication
- Basic Elements
Developing Communication Skills
- Lack of Common Experience
- Confusion Between the Symbol and the Symbolized Object
- Overuse of Abstractions
- Role Playing
- Instructional Communication
- Instructional Enhancement
This lesson will be complete, when by oral examination, the student
displays an understanding of the material presented.
- Aviation Instructor Handbook -- Chapters 2 and 3
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 2
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: