Ground Training Lesson 7
2.0 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised July 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFI : One Item
The student will analyze basic flight maneuvers and be introduced
to teaching methods and techniques for in-flight instruction of those maneuvers.
Review of Demonstration/Performance Method
- Explanation; Demonstration; Student Performance; Evaluation
Analyzing a Maneuver
- Purpose of the Maneuver
- Description of the Maneuver
- Performance Standard for Private
- Performance Standard for Commercial
- Common Student Errors
Analyzing Basic Flight Maneuvers
- Vertical Takeoff to a Hover
- Hovering Maneuvers
- Normal Takeoff from a Hover
- Normal Takeoff from the Surface
- Straight and level flight
- Normal Climb and Descent
- Ground Reference Maneuvers
- Traffic Patterns
- Normal Approach to a Hover
- Normal Approach to the Surface
This lesson will be complete, when by oral examination, the student
displays an understanding of the material presented.
- Rotorcraft Flying Handbook (maneuvers chapters)
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 7
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: