Ground Training Lesson 8
2.0 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised July 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFI : One Item
During this lesson, the student will analyze advanced flight
maneuvers and understand in-flight teaching methods for those maneuvers.
Review of Demonstration/Performance Method
- Explanation; Demonstration; Student Performance; Evaluation
Review of Maneuver Analysis
- Purpose; Description; Private Standard; Commercial Standard; Common Student Errors
Analyzing Advanced Flight Maneuvers
- Rapid Deceleration
- Maximum Performance Takeoff
- Steep Approach to a Hover
- Shallow Approach and Running Landing
- Slope Operations
- Reconnaissance Procedures
- Confined Area Operations
- Pinnacle and Ridgeline Operations
This lesson will be complete, when by oral examination, the student
displays an understanding of the material presented.
- Rotorcraft Flying Handbook (maneuvers chapters)
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 8
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: