Ground Training Lesson 12
1.5 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised July 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFI : One Item
The student will assume the instructor's role and present a
classroom lecture on the airport and heliport operations and
facilities, and services available to pilots.
- Airports and Heliports
- Runway numbering
- Active runways
- Runway and heliport markings
- Parking areas
- Field elevation
- Wind direction indicators
- Airport and heliport lighting
- Airport traffic patterns
- Radio Communications
- Frequency assignment plan
- Contact procedure
- Microphone technique
- Aircraft call signs
- Radio phraseology
- Light signals
- Airport and Heliport Communications
- Controlled airports and heliports
- Automatic terminal information service - ATIS
- Ground control
- Uncontrolled airports and heliports
- Flight service station
This lesson will be complete when, by oral examination, the student
is able to explain and teach the topics in the lesson.
- A lesson plan to be prepared by the student
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 12
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: