Ground Training Lesson 18
1.5 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised July 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFI : One Item
The student will assume the instructor's role and present a
classroom lecture on the airport and heliport operations and
facilities, and services available to pilots.
- The Aeronautical Information Manual
- Basic flight manual and ATC procedures
- Navigation aids
- Airport and heliport markings and lighting
- Class A, B, C, D, E, and G
- Prohibited, restricted and warning areas
- MOA, Alert areas
- Other airspace
- Services available to pilots
- Airport and heliport operations
- Emergency procedures
- Good operating practices
- Airport Facility Directory
- Use - Legend
- The Advisory Circular System
- The NOTAM System
This lesson will be complete when, by oral examination, the student
is able to explain and teach the topics in the lesson.
- A lesson plan to be prepared by the student
- AF/D for the Northeast
- FAA advisory circular Web site
- Web sources of NOTAMs, including a DUATS briefing from BOS to JFK
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 18
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: