Ground Training Lesson 19
1.0 Hour Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised July 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFI : One Item
The student will assume the instructor's role and present a
classroom lecture on the services available to pilots.
- Other ATC Facilities and Services
- Air route traffic control center
- Approach control
- Departure control
- FSS Services Available
- Flight watch
- Transcribed weather broadcasts
- Scheduled weather broadcasts
- In-flight services
- Emergency Procedures
- Emergency locator transmitter
- Emergency VHF frequency - 121.5
- Transponder codes
This lesson will be complete when, by oral examination, the student
is able to explain and teach the topics in the lesson.
- The student shall prepare a lesson plan, lecture notes, and review questions as necessary to teach this material.
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 19
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: