Ground Training Lesson 3
1.5 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised November 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFII : One Item
The CFII-H candidate will develop and present a lesson plan on
attitude instrument flying, primary instruments, supporting
instruments, and basic IFR maneuvers. The instructor and candidate
will discuss ways in which the lesson plan could be improved.
Attitude Instrument Flying, Control and Performance Method, Primary and Supporting Method, and Basic IFR Maneuvers
- Instructor and candidate review the lesson plan
prepared by the candidate
- CFII-H candidate presents part of the prepared lesson
- Instructor and candidate discuss improvements and teaching style
- Instructor and candidate jointly mark up the lesson plan with changes, improvements, and additions
By the end of this lesson, the CFII-H candidate will display,
through oral examination, instructional knowledge of attitude
instrument flying, including both the control and performance method
and the primary and supporting method, and basic IFR maneuvers.
- Aviation Instructor Handbook
- Instrument Flying Handbook, Chapters 4 and 5
- FAA Flight Instructor Instrument PTS, Area of Operation VI, Task A
- Create a lesson plan on attitude instrument flying, control and performance method, primary and supporting method, and basic IFR maneuvers
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 3
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: