Ground Training Lesson 4
1.5 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised November 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFII : One Item
The CFII-H candidate will develop and present a lesson plan on
using VORs in flight under IFR. The lesson plan should cover
orientation, navigation, holding, and operating characteristics and
limitations. The instructor and candidate will discuss ways in which
the lesson plan could be improved.
- Instructor and candidate review the lesson plan
prepared by the candidate
- CFII-H candidate presents part of the prepared lesson
- Instructor and candidate discuss improvements and teaching style
- Instructor and candidate jointly mark up the lesson plan with changes, improvements, and additions
By the end of this lesson, the CFII-H candidate will display,
through oral examination, instructional knowledge of VORs.
- Aviation Instructor Handbook
- Instrument Flying Handbook, Chapters 7 and 10
- AIM, Chapter 1, Section 1
- Create a lesson plan on using VORs in IFR flight
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 4
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: