Ground Training Lesson 7
1.5 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised November 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFII : One Item
The CFII-H candidate will develop and present a lesson plan on IFR
cross-country flight planning, including departure, en-route, and
arrival procedures. The instructor and candidate will discuss ways in
which the lesson plan could be improved.
IFR Cross-Country Flight Planning, Departure, En-route, and Arrival Procedures
- Instructor and candidate review the lesson plan
prepared by the candidate
- CFII-H candidate presents part of the prepared lesson
- Instructor and candidate discuss improvements and teaching style
- Instructor and candidate jointly mark up the lesson plan with changes, improvements, and additions
By the end of this lesson, the CFII-H candidate will display,
through oral examination, instructional knowledge of IFR cross-country
flight planning, and departure, en-route, and arrival procedures.
- Aviation Instructor Handbook
- Instrument Flying Handbook, Chapter 9 and 10
- AIM, Chapter 5, Sections 1, 3 and 4
- Federal Aviation Regulation, Part 91.167 and 91.169
- Create a lesson plan on IFR cross-country flight planning, and departure, en-route, and arrival procedures
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 7
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: