Ground Training Lesson 8
1.5 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised November 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFII : One Item
The CFII-H candidate will develop and present a lesson plan on
non-precision instrument approaches, covering, at a minimum, VOR, DME
ARC, NDB, and GPS. Particularly attention will be given to flying
non-precision approaches with a constant descent angle. The
instructor and candidate will discuss ways in which the lesson plan
could be improved.
Non-precision Instrument Approaches and Instrument Arrival Procedures
- Instructor and candidate review the lesson plan prepared
by the candidate
- CFII-H candidate presents part of the prepared lesson
- Instructor and candidate discuss improvements and teaching style
- Instructor and candidate jointly mark up the lesson plan
with changes, improvements, and additions
By the end of this lesson, the CFII-H candidate will display,
through oral examination, instructional knowledge of instrument
approaches and arrival procedures.
- Aviation Instructor Handbook
- Instrument Flying Handbook, Chapter 10
- AIM, Chapter 5, Section 3, and Chapter 10, Section 1
- Create a lesson plan on instrument approaches and arrival procedures.
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 8
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: