Ground Training Lesson 10
1.5 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised November 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFII : One Item
The CFII-H candidate will develop and present a lesson plan on air
traffic control systems and ATC clearances related to IFR flight
operations. The plan will cover the interaction with ATC during
Departure Procedures (DPs) and Standard Terminal Arrival Routes
(STARs). The instructor and candidate will discuss ways in which the
lesson plan could be improved.
Air Traffic Control Systems and ATC Clearances related to IFR Operations
- Instructor and candidate review the lesson plan
prepared by the candidate
- CFII-H candidate presents part of the prepared lesson
- Instructor and candidate discuss improvements and teaching style
- Instructor and candidate jointly mark up the lesson plan with changes, improvements, and additions
By the end of this lesson, the CFII-H candidate will display,
through oral examination, instructional knowledge of air traffic
control systems and ATC clearances related to IFR flight
- Aviation Instructor Handbook
- Instrument Flying Handbook, Chapter 9
- AIM, Chapter 4, Sections 3-4, Chapter 5, Sections 1-5, Chapter 6, Section 2
- Create a lesson plan on the FARs and other publications related to IFR flight.
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 10
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: