Ground Training Lesson 11
1.5 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised November 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : CFII : One Item
The CFII-H candidate will develop and present a lesson plan on the
causes of hazardous weather situations. The lesson should include
obtaining weather briefings for IFR flight. The instructor and
candidate will discuss ways in which the lesson plan could be
Hazardous Weather Situations
- Instructor and candidate review the lesson plan
prepared by the candidate
- CFII-H candidate presents part of the prepared lesson
- Instructor and candidate discuss improvements and teaching style
- Instructor and candidate jointly mark up the lesson plan with changes, improvements, and additions
By the end of this lesson, the CFII-H candidate will display,
through oral examination, instructional knowledge of hazardous weather
- Aviation Instructor Handbook
- Aviation Weather AC 00-6A, Chapters 1-13
- Aviation Weather Services AC 00-45D, Sections 2-14
- AIM, Chapter 7, Sections 1-5
- Create a lesson plan on hazardous weather situations.
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 11
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: