Flight Training Lesson 11
1.0 Hour Dual; Pre/Post Flight Discussion 0.75 Hours
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised July 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : Commercial : One Item
This lesson is a review in preparation for the stage one flight
- Air taxi
- Rapid decelerations (quick stops)
- Normal takeoff and normal approach
- Traffic pattern
- Maximum performance takeoff
- Steep approach
- Shallow approach
- Running landing
- Autorotation to a power recovery
- Other maneuvers listed by instructor (if necessary):
- Private Pilot Helicopter PTS
- Commercial Pilot Helicopter PTS
The student should display increasing proficiency in the listed
maneuvers towards Commercial PTS standards.
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Flight Training Record, Lesson 11
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in previous section.
After completing a maneuver listed under Introduction, place a check mark next to that maneuver.
Assign grades of Above Standard, Meets Standard, or Below Standard to maneuvers listed under Review.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Date of Lesson:
- Aircraft Type/Registration:
- Route of Flight:
- Number of Landings:
- Hours Dual/Solo:
- Hours Cross-Country:
- Hours Night:
- Hours Simulated Instrument: