Flight Training Lesson 14
1.0 Hours Dual, including 0.75 Hours Simulated IMC; Pre/Post Flight Discussion 0.75 Hours
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised July 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : Commercial : One Item
During this lesson, the student will review attitude flying by
reference to instruments in simulated IMC conditions.
- IFR preflight inspection
- Standardizing power settings for different phases of flight
- Straight and level flight (simulated IMC)
- Climbs and turns (simulated IMC)
- Change of airspeed (simulated IMC)
- Standard rate turns (simulated IMC)
The student will be able to hold heading to within 15 degrees and
altitude to within 150 feet when flying by reference to
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Flight Training Record, Lesson 14
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in previous section.
After completing a maneuver listed under Introduction, place a check mark next to that maneuver.
Assign grades of Above Standard, Meets Standard, or Below Standard to maneuvers listed under Review.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Date of Lesson:
- Aircraft Type/Registration:
- Route of Flight:
- Number of Landings:
- Hours Dual/Solo:
- Hours Cross-Country:
- Hours Night:
- Hours Simulated Instrument: