Flight Training Lesson 25
1.0 Hour Dual; Pre/Post Flight Discussion 0.75 Hours
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised July 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : Commercial : One Item
The student will fine tune the listed helicopter maneuvers towards
commercial PTS standards.
- Vertical takeoff and landing
- Air taxi
- Rapid deceleration (quick stop)
- Traffic patterns
- Normal and crosswind takeoff and climb
- Maximum performance takeoff and climb
- Steep approach
- Shallow approach and running landing
- Precision hovering
- Slope operations
Each maneuver should be performed, at least once during the lesson,
to commercial PTS standards.
- Commercial Pilot PTS for Helicopters
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Flight Training Record, Lesson 25
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in previous section.
After completing a maneuver listed under Introduction, place a check mark next to that maneuver.
Assign grades of Above Standard, Meets Standard, or Below Standard to maneuvers listed under Review.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Date of Lesson:
- Aircraft Type/Registration:
- Route of Flight:
- Number of Landings:
- Hours Dual/Solo:
- Hours Cross-Country:
- Hours Night:
- Hours Simulated Instrument: