Ground Training Lesson 15
1.0 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised July 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : Commercial : One Item
This lesson continues coverage of aviation weather.
- Source regions
- Classification and characteristics of air masses
- Air mass modification
- Associated weather characteristics
- Convective currents
- Obstructions to wind flow
- Wind shear
- Clear air turbulence
- Categories of turbulence intensity
- Micro burst
- Prevention and elimination
- Conditions necessary for formation
- Formation and life cycle
- Avoidance procedures
This lesson will be complete, when by oral examination, the student
displays a commercial pilot's level of understanding of the material
- Aviation Weather Handbook (AC 00-6A) -- All Chapters
- Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge -- Chapters 5, 6, and 8
- AIM -- Chapter 7
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 15
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: