Ground Training Lesson 17
1.0 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised July 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : Commercial : One Item
This lesson covers helicopter maintenance.
- Preventive maintenance
- Minimum Equipment List (MEL)
- Annual and 100h inspections
- Progressive maintenance
- Inoperative instruments
- Alteration and major repair
- Form 337
- Supplemental type certificate (STC)
- ADs and SBs (location and purpose)
- Transponder inspections
- TBO and life-limited components
This lesson will be complete, when by oral examination, the student
demonstrates a commercial pilot level of understanding of the material
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Ground Training Record, Lesson 17
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in the previous section.
After completing an item in the Elements section, place a check mark next to that item.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Instructor Endorsement:
- Date of Lesson: