Flight Training Lesson 10
1.25 Hours Dual; Pre/Post Flight Discussion 0.75 Hours
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised January 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : Instrument : One Item
This will be an easy and quick lesson, with three approaches at the
- non-precision approaches
- precision approaches
- request a squawk code for practice approaches from ground controller
- request vectors ILS 29 approach, with the published missed into a hold
- after one turn in the hold, request GPS 23 from ESKOW
- on the missed from the GPS 23, request vectors ILS 29 full stop
- FAA Rotorcraft Flying Handbook
- FAA Instrument Flying Handbook
- Robinson R22/R44 IFR Trainer
- R22/R44 P.O.H.
The student will demonstrate increased proficiency in all VOR
procedures and exhibit a basic understanding of holding
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Flight Training Record, Lesson 10
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in previous section.
After completing a maneuver listed under Introduction, place a check mark next to that maneuver.
Assign grades of Above Standard, Meets Standard, or Below Standard to maneuvers listed under Review.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Date of Lesson:
- Aircraft Type/Registration:
- Route of Flight:
- Number of Landings:
- Hours Dual/Solo:
- Hours Cross-Country:
- Hours Night:
- Hours Simulated Instrument: