Ground Training Lesson 16
1.25 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised January 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : Instrument : One Item
The student will learn the Global Position System and the use of
the GPS receiver in his or her training aircraft.
- Oral review and quizzing of previous lesson
One GPS Receiver
- Principles of operation
- Setting up a flight plan
- Getting airport information
- Terrain database
- Selecting procedures
- Sequencing from an approach to a missed approach
- Fuel management capabilities
- Auxiliary and setup pages
This lesson will be complete, when by oral examination, the student
displays an understanding of the material presented.
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations: