Ground Training Lesson 23
1.5 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised January 2008
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : Instrument : One Item
The student will review IFR departure, en route and arrival
procedures, including SIDS, STARS, en route transitions, ATC
clearances and descent planning.
- Oral review and quizzing of previous lesson
- IFR departures
IFR en route
- Take-off minimums
- Clearances and lost communications
- Rate of climb table
- Uncontrolled airport procedures
- ATC communications/vectors
- Low/high altitude en route charts
- Descent planning
- Lost communications/navigation
- Feeder routes
- Radar approach control
This lesson will be complete, when by oral examination, the student
displays an understanding of the material presented.
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations: