Flight Training Lesson 23
1.0 Hour Solo; Pre/Post Flight Discussion 0.75 Hours
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised August 2006
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : Private : One Item
The student will practice maneuvers to build confidence, proficiency, and solo flight experience.
- Hovering: stationary, sideward, forward, backward, and pedal turns
- Normal/crosswind departure and approach
- Maximum performance takeoff
- Steep approach
- 0-30 minutes: Drive to helicopter hangar and preflight inspection
- 30-40: Startup
- 40-55: Student air/hover taxis to Taxiway Whiskey or Romeo for hover practice
- 55-60: Normal/crosswind departure and approach
- 60-70: Hover practice
- 70-85: Maximum performance takeoffs and steep approaches
- 85-90: Shutdown
- 90-110: Put helicopter away, return to classroom
- 110-120: Discussion
- Robinson R22/R44 Helicopter
- R22/R44 P.O.H.
The student will build solo flight experience and proficiency in the listed maneuvers.
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Solo Flight Training Record, Lesson 23
Check mark next to maneuvers listed under Solo Practice. Note any difficulties encountered or questions.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Date of Lesson:
- Aircraft Type/Registration:
- Route of Flight:
- Number of Landings:
- Hours Dual/Solo:
- Hours Cross-Country:
- Hours Night: