Flight Training Lesson 34
1.5 Hours Dual; Pre/Post Flight Discussion 0.75 Hours
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised August 2006
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : Private : One Item
Student will review maneuvers from all stages in preparation for the Stage III and final flight check and the FAA Rotorcraft Private Pilot practical test.
- Radio communications
- Airport operations and traffic pattern
- Normal departures and approaches
- Hovering: stationary, sideward, forward, backward, and pedal turns
- Quick stops
- Maximum performance takeoff and climb
- Steep approach
- Slope operations
- Confined area and pinnacle operations
- Shallow approach and running landings
- Anti-torque failure
- Low rotor RPM recognition and recovery
- Autorotations with power recovery
- Systems and equipment malfunctions
- Forced landings - simulated engine failure
- Hover autorotations
- Maneuvers as selected by instructor
- 0-30 minutes: Drive to helicopter hangar and preflight inspection
- 30-40: Startup
- 40-110: Maneuvers as selected by instructor
- 110-120: Hover autorotation(s) and shutdown
- 120-140: Put helicopter away
- 140-155: Discussion
- Robinson R22/R44 Helicopter
- R22/R44 P.O.H.
The student will demonstrate a level of knowledge and proficiency in all Stage I, Stage II, and Stage III maneuvers sufficient to pass the Stage III and final flight check.
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Flight Training Record, Lesson 34
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in previous section.
After completing a maneuver listed under Introduction, place a check mark next to that maneuver.
Assign grades of Above Standard, Meets Standard, or Below Standard to maneuvers listed under Review.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Date of Lesson:
- Aircraft Type/Registration:
- Route of Flight:
- Number of Landings:
- Hours Dual/Solo:
- Hours Cross-Country:
- Hours Night:
- Hours Simulated Instrument: