Lesson 36 - Stage III and Final Flight Check
1.75 Hours Dual; Pre/Post Flight Discussion 0.75 Hours
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised August 2006
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : Private : One Item
The chief flight instructor, or a designated appropriately-qualified instructor, will evaluate the student's knowledge and proficiency in Stage I basic maneuvers, Stage II advanced maneuvers and off-airport operating procedures, and Stage III cross-country procedures. The stage check instructor will determine whether the student requires more preparation or is prepared for the Private Pilot Rotorcraft practical test.
- Pilot's Operating Handbook (POH)
- Weight and balance
- Weather briefing
- Cross-country planning
- Aeronautical decision making
- Aeromedical considerations
- FARs Parts 1, 61, and 91
- SFAR 73
- Areas selected by chief flight instructor
- Stage I basic maneuvers as selected by chief flight instructor
- Stage II advanced maneuvers and off-airport operating procedures as selected by stage check flight instructor
- Stage III cross-country procedures and operations as selected by chief flight instructor
- 0-30 minutes: Drive to helicopter hangar and preflight inspection
- 30-40: Startup
- 40-115: Maneuvers and procedures as determined by stage check instructor
- 115-120: Shutdown
- 120-140: Put helicopter away
- 140-155: Discussion
- Robinson R22/R44 Helicopter
- R22/R44 P.O.H.
The student will demonstrate knowledge and proficiency that meets or exceeds the minimum standards as outlined in the current FAA Rotorcraft - Helicopter Practical Test Standards handbook for Private Pilots.
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations:
Flight Training Record, Lesson 36
Any deviations from the completion standards should be noted in previous section.
After completing a maneuver listed under Introduction, place a check mark next to that maneuver.
Assign grades of Above Standard, Meets Standard, or Below Standard to maneuvers listed under Review.
- Student Name:
- Instructor Name/CFI#/expiration:
- Date of Lesson:
- Aircraft Type/Registration:
- Route of Flight:
- Number of Landings:
- Hours Dual/Solo:
- Hours Cross-Country:
- Hours Night:
- Hours Simulated Instrument: