Ground Training Lesson 7
2.0 Hours Ground
by Philip Greenspun and Kasim Te; revised August 2006
Developed for students at East Coast Aero Club which operated under FAR Part 141 from July 2008 through July 2010.
Site Home : Flying : Helicopter 141 : Private : One Item
During this lesson the student will be introduced to weight and balance theory and computations.
- Weight and Balance Definitions
- Empty weight
- Gross weight
- Maximum gross weight
- Useful load
- Center of gravity
- Weight and Balance Determinations
- Computation method - longitudinal/lateral
- Graph method
- Table method
- Weight and Balance Management
- Weight adjustment
- Center of gravity adjustment
- Fuel burn off
- Effect of out-of-balance loading
This lesson will be complete, when by oral examination, the student displays an understanding of the material presented.
Instructor's Evaluation and Recommendations: