LearnHowToFly.org User Profile 1: Rachel Lipshitz
Notes: this is a fictitious user profile constructed to assist
engineers building the online learning community LearnHowToFly.org. The
photo, courtesy http://philip.greenspun.com,
is unrelated to the text information on this page. All of the text,
including the person's name, is made up.
- Name: Rachel Lipshitz
- Age: 25, never married
- Address: shared Victorian house in Oakland, California; hip but
- Occupation: Personal Trainer for rich people in Oakland Hills;
part-time job as dog walker for folks in the neighborhood
- Income: $28,000/year
- Flying Experience: 3 intro lessons 2 years ago
- Short-term Goal: Obtain a Private Pilot certificate
- Long-term Goal: Become a career airline pilot, starting out as a
regional jet first officer (copilot) with a commuter airline.
- Immediate Questions: Where to find a good rental airplane and
instructor at the Oakland Airport? Is it better to take 3 weeks off
work and do nothing but flight training or to stretch out the lessons
over many months? What are the most helpful books?
- Other Interests: Music clubs, biking, travel to Mexico
(esp. kayaking in Baja), Spanish language
- Computer: 3-year-old Macintosh given to her by a customer ("it
doesn't fit the new decor"), runs OS 9 and crashes when viewing complex
Web pages or multimedia; 384Kbps DSL line and network-address
translating router shared by all members of household
- Experience with information technology: Uses a free Web-based email
service, movie time and ticket site, airline ticket sites, and local
alternative newspaper site for music show times. Used an old version of
Microsoft Word back in college.
Add a comment | Add a link