If you were to log in, you'd be able to get more information on your fellow community member.
I have a system much like the Destination, but unlike the Gateway, mine is solid and works well. It consists of:
- No-name motherboard (cheap, but decent)
- Celeron 333
- 32 megs of PC-100 RAM
- 4 gig HD
- ATI All-In-Wonder Pro 8 megs AGP video card
- Creative Labs DVD drive (I replaced the original card and SW with:
- Sigma Designs Hollywood+ hardware DVD decoder
- SoundBlaster Live card
- $19 ethernet card
- Logitech cordless keyboard & mouse
- Windows 98
A mixture. Some of it is great, some of it is just OK, but it all works together. The main thing is that I didn't cheap out and use a software DVD decoder. The ATI video card and the DVD decoder even share an IRQ and I use them both at the same time!
The point is, you're an intelligent guy...you could put this stuff together in an evening. I'm showing this stuff on my video projector and it is reliable enough...