Converting Web Blade Templates to AOLserver Tcl
by Philip Greenspun for
Web Tools Review, vaguely a part of
Illustra Tips article
Here are the steps:
Good luck! If you get stuck and want to hire a consultant, I know a few
MIT undergrads who would be willing to TELNET into your server and fix
things up for you. They work for about $50/hour. You can contact and
pay them directly: Ben Adida, firstname.lastname@example.org and Brian Tivol, email@example.com.
- Install AOLserver; grab it from
Assume you set it up to listen to http://yourdomain.com:8000/ rooted at
- Put my utilities.tcl file where the
AOLserver will load it on server startup
- Put grind-funcs.tcl and
grind-pages.tcl in a directory underneath
the Web server root (i.e., so that they look like documents), e.g.,
- Edit those two .tcl files to set the directory paths to legal places
in your Unix file system.
- Use Netscape Navigator to request
http://yourdomain.com:8000/grind-funcs.tcl and then
- Edit the directory names at the top of ill-to-aol.pl and then run it.
- Hand-edit the output of ill-to-aol.pl in GNU Emacs.