ACS Documentation :
ACS Installation Guide
Table of Contents
This document is a guide to installing the ArsDigita Community System.
It is targeted for first time users who may not be familiar with
Oracle and AOLServer, but who are familiar with UNIX. The emphasis of this
document is on using the Linux operating system. However, for the
purposes of running the ArsDigita Community System, Linux is not substantially
different from other Unix systems, such as Solaris and HP-UX. Please refer
to the following decision tree before beginning your installation of the
ArsDigita Community System.
- Getting Started and Getting Help
- Installing Red Hat Linux 6.2
- Installing Oracle 8.1.6
- Installing AOLServer 3.0
- Installing the ArsDigita Community System 3.3
- Acceptance Tests
- Credits and Acknowledgments
If you have a bare piece of hardware on your desk with a network connection, and
If you already have Oracle up and running, then skip to the AOLServer 3.0
chapter and read from there.
- If it is a PC and you are going to use Linux, then read everything.
- If it is a Unix box, skip the Linux chapter and read everything else.
- If it is a Windows box, read How to install ACS on Windows instead.
If you are interested in learning more about the ArsDigita Community System
(ACS) before going further, then please read Chapter Three: Scalable Systems for Online Communities from Philip & Alex's Guide to Web Publishing, and this document on Using the ArsDigita Community System.
$Id: index.html,v 1.2 2004/09/27 14:21:09 brianm Exp $