Home : Travel : One Section
Map of Costa Rica: shows each region visited
- Miami: parrots, the wasteland, and
President Nixon's vacation paradise.
- Central Valley: arrival in Costa Rica, touring the Central Valley, rafting the most scenic river in the world.
- Tortuguero: sloths and iguanas in the coastal Caribbean rainforest
- Corcovado: Scarlet Macaws convert me
to the ecoreligion and we climb into the canopy for the first time.
- Monteverde Cloud Forest: Quakers, Ticos, clouds,
and the most beautiful bird in the world.
- Arenal Volcano: we got within 2 km of
one of the world's most active volcano and we still didn't see it.
- Hacienda Barú: an authentic Costa Rican
ranch run by Colorado cattle ranchers turned rainforest
Conclusions: general reflections on 2.5
weeks in a wonderful country.
If you are really going...
Didn't Find What You Want?
[ hand-picked (but old) links |
user-contributed links |
this entire Web server]
Text and pictures copyright 1995 Philip
Add a comment