Home : Travel : Costa Rica : One Article
San Jose is a nerve-jangling city. Do as the Ticos do and avoid the
center. If you can wait until February 1997, you won't do better
than the re-opening Hotel Milvia.
Avoid the Holiday Inn like the plague. If you insist on staying in a
big hotel in the center of town, the Gran Hotel looked pretty nice.
Avenidas Central/2, Calle 3; Apdo. 527, San Jose 1000, voice 221-4000,
Tortuguero -- Northern Caribbean
In Tortuguero, the nicest hotel is the Tortuga Lodge.
Corcovado -- Southern Pacific
Corcovado Tent Camp is a
remarkably nice place in a very remote location. The upside is that
you can see monkeys, parrots, and other wildlife from from the hotel
grounds. The downside is that just getting to the hotel involves a
45-minute walk along the beach (your luggage goes in a donkey cart).
Less physically able people may prefer to stay in the more accessible
Drake's Bay, where each hotel has a boat dock. This makes getting out
to Cano Island possible. The island supposedly has some very
interesting snorkeling, wildlife and pre-Columbian cemeteries.
We heard good things about La Paloma Lodge ($55/person, P.O. Box
025216, Miami, FL 33102, voice (305) 785-2260, FAX (305) 785-2372).
Monteverde Cloud Forest
By far the nicest hotel and restaurant in town is Monteverde Lodge.
The closest hotel to the volcano, and therefore the one from which you
are most likely to see fireworks, is the Arenal Observatory Lodge.
Many tourists said good things about Manuel Antonio, but for a more
authentic Costa Rican experience and to get farther off the beaten
track, we recommend Hacienda Barú.
Add a comment | Add a link
- PUERTOVIEJO.NET-The Costa Rican Caribbean- All you need to know about Puerto Viejo, Limon including information on Lodging, Restaurants, Beaches, Night-Life, Tours, and more!! Come and enjoy the Costa Rican Caribbean, Puerto Viejo. (contributed by Charles Wanger)
- HOTEL CARIBLUE- ...your caribbean resort...
is nestled in a lush garden between
the white sands of Cocles Beach and the wild
tropical jungle.All the hard-wood bungalows
have private bath done in mosaic tile, hot water,
ceiling fan, mosquito net and porches with hammock
Breakfast Snack-bar Restaurant served under a typical "rancho" style thatched roof.
souvenir-shop direct tv tours rent-a-car. (contributed by leonardo preseglio)
- Hotel Valle Escondido - Costa Rica - rainforest- private reserve in a tropical rainforest between San Ramon & Arenal Volcano, trails for hiking and horseback riding, birdwatching, tropical plants, pool, jacuzzi, italian restaurant (contributed by Vivian Keller)
- Marenco Beach & Rain Forest Lodge- South Pacific, Osa Penincula. allows us to introduce you to the most wonderfull piece of paradice on the world, we call it: "aplace out of time". it is a place to feel at peace, to rediscover your sence of wonder, and to indulge your spirit of adventure. National Geographic says: it is "the most biologically intense place on earth". (contributed by Gerardo Tovar)
- Kids Saving the Rainforest- Located in the Hotel and Restaurant, El Mono Azul, in Manuel Antonio is an art gallery called The Amazing Arts Art Gallery - Kids Saving the Rainforest!!! 100% profits go to save the rainforest. Come stay at the hotel or eat in the restaurant and buy something from the art gallery to help the kids save the rainforest!!! (contributed by Janine Licare Andrews)
- Pension Santa Elena in Monteverde's cloud forest area- A very friendly and helpfull budget hotel nicely situated in the heart of the village, beetween the Preserves of Monteverde and Santa Elena. Offers community kitchen, laundry, e-mail, horseback, short cuts to the Volcano Arenal, canopy adventure, etc. (contributed by pierre jolicoeur)
- National Parks ,Hotels- Acomodatios Hoteles Lodiging at national Parks ,Beaches, Rainforest , Rafting ,Tortuguero,Monteverde,Corcovado , Arenal ,and a lot more by Irving Darche (contributed by Irving Darche)
- Guanacaste Costa Rica Information.- General Information,adresses and phone numbers of atractions,hotels and restaurants in The province of Guancaste. Liberia International airport, maps and more. (contributed by Hernan Cordero)
- Arenal Volcano Inn- Small Costa Rican owned hotel with great location to see the Arenal Volcano.Arenal Volcano Inn is a new hotel located 6.5 kilometers north of the Catholic Church of La Fortuna Town. It has 15 deluxe and 10 Standard rooms with excellent view of the Arenal Volcano.
Each room has two Queen size beds, mini split Air condition, Cable TV,mini refrigerator, a small breakfast counter, coffee maker, AM/FM alarm clock radio, hair dryer, safe box and a private terrace. (contributed by Hernan Cordero)