I asked a Dutch voter about “Geert Wilders Falls Short in Election, as Wary Dutch Scatter Their Votes” (nytimes). Here’s the response…
Typical NY Times. The statements in itself or all not too factually wrong, but the picture is way off.
Wilders won even if he didn’t win.
The anti-Islam agenda won big in Holland:
- Labor, the party that brought us immigration has ceased to exist, from being the largest since I remember.
- The right has moved very sharply anti-Islam to prevent Wilders to gain a huge victory. They refer to themselves as the “right type of populism”!
- The center (Christians and what the NYT calls “liberals”) also moved very sharply to the right to save their skins.
- Wilders will keep dominating the debate, which is what he wants.
- Whatever is left of the left, is now fractured into special interest, like animal welfare, old people, poor Muslims, and so on, and is unlikely to be able to set the agenda. (Apart from the Muslim party, they are also all anti-Islam now).