The Venezuelan migrant charged with murdering Laken Riley allegedly beat her so brutally with an unidentified object that he disfigured her skull, according to new affidavits.
Jose Antonio Ibarra, 26, who faces multiple murder and assault charges, is not thought to have known the 22-year-old nursing student when he allegedly kidnapped and killed her as she went for a run on the University of Georgia campus Thursday.
Ibarra entered the US illegally in El Paso, Texas, on Sept. 8, 2022, with his wife and her son seeking asylum, and was later released “for further processing,” ICE said.
Laken Riley will not be alive to see the full benefits of the Biden administration’s transformation of the United States via immigration, but for those of us who haven’t been killed by a migrant… what is the rationale for the current system? How was Jose Antonio Ibarra’s immigration supposed to improve the lives of Americans overall? In an ideal world where he didn’t kill anyone, what would he have done that would have made Laken Riley better off?
(If the answer is “his immigration wasn’t supposed to make Laken Riley better off” then in what sense is the U.S. government working on behalf of U.S. citizens?)
Separately, what’s happening with crime statistics in Venezuela? If their career criminals and gang members have all accepted Joe Biden’s invitation to move to the U.S., shouldn’t Venezuela soon be as safe as El Salvador? Or is Venezuela breeding new criminals even faster than it is exporting them?
- “Venezuelan migrant charged with raping young teen in Virginia” (New York Post, today): “Renzo Mendoza Montes, 32, was arrested last week on two felony charges for sexually assaulting an underage child, deputies in Campbell County announced. … the child was between the ages of 13 and 14 years old … Authorities say Montes is a Venezuelan citizen who has been in the country illegally since he crossed the southern border into El Paso, Tex. on Sept. 2. He was then detained and released by US Customs and Border Patrol, according to Fox News.”
- How was the immigration of Ahmad Al Aliwi Al-Issa supposed to benefit an average Coloradan?
- How was the immigration of Akayed Ullah supposed to benefit native-born Americans?
- How was the immigration of Sayfullo Habibullaevic Saipov supposed to benefit native-born Americans?
- Is immigration killing native-born Americans via overcrowding in health care?