Catching up a bit here on the news… “Twitter Won’t Let The New York Post Tweet Until It Agrees To Behave Itself” (Forbes):
Twitter TWTR +1.2% has kept the Post’s official Twitter account locked since Thursday, the Post says, when the newspaper shared several tweets about its story on Hunter Biden that has been increasingly called into question.
On Thursday, Twitter blocked sharing of the Post story and said the piece violated several of its rules, including a prohibition on sharing personal information and hacked materials. Facebook also reduced distribution of the Post report, but the brunt of conservative displeasure over the social media sites’ limiting access to the Post story fell on Twitter.
The New York Times published information that it says came from Donald Trump’s personal tax returns (but they haven’t published the actual returns so we can’t see for ourselves?). Yet the NYT wasn’t banned by Twitter or Facebook. Aren’t personal tax returns “personal information” and/or “hacked materials”?
I’m sure that there is a justification for how the banning of the Post is consistent with the celebration and approval of the Times, but I wonder what it is!
Related (some NY Post stories you won’t see in the NYT):
- “Hamptons bachelors are getting vasectomies so gold diggers can’t trap them” (a lesson Jeffrey Toobin could have used; a Yale Law School graduate realized that the married but unvasectomized Toobin was a literal gold mine (The Sun))
- “Elon Musk says he won’t take coronavirus vaccine, calls Bill Gates a ‘knucklehead’”
- “Parents are spending $70,000 for their kids to learn in ‘pods’” (i.e., shutdown favors the elites)
- “Professor Jessica Krug admits she lied about being black: ‘I cancel myself’”
- “‘Wokefish’ dating trend: Shady men are pretending to be progressive on apps”
- “‘Hot’ nurse disciplined for wearing bra and panties under see-through PPE gown” (in Russia)
- “Mount Sinai hospital leaders holed up in Florida vacation homes during coronavirus crisis”
- “Men are showing up to the Wing and women are pissed”
- “A history of Joe Biden’s most touchy-feely moments”
- “Eliot Spitzer snuck me into his apartment in a suitcase: ex-mistress”
- “Harvard’s gatekeeper reveals SAT cutoff scores based on race”